We have been notified by HMRC:
Essential maintenance to the Making Tax Digital (MTD) VAT service has been scheduled from 4pm on Saturday 11th May until 4pm on Monday 13th May. As a result some services will be unavailable.
During the maintenance period, users will be unable to:
- Sign up for Making for Tax Digital,
- Create an Agent services account,
- View previous submissions and payment details,
- Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits,
- Review and update any business details.
HMRC will now be shuttering the VAT APIs from 5pm – 11.30pm on Saturday the 11th May. Between these time users will NOT be able to submit VAT returns. We apologise for the short notice of this change to the service outage.